Two unidentified models of French flying boat projects

sienar

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the D550/551 (not sure which) at Toulouse circa 1945. The two models (windtunnel?) on display are a mystery to me. I'm guessing dewoitine, but I have no idea of their origin.

index.php

The logo that appears on the corners of the sign placed before the stand is that of the Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud-Est (SNCASE) or AEROSUDEST (the name that appears here), which was created in February 1937 from the merging of Potez, CAMS, Romano, SPCA and Lioré et Olivier.

Considering the period and the type of project, my guess would be a Potez-CAMS or maybe Lioré et Olivier lineage for these flying boats.

I tried to make them a little bigger :

Attachments

• Aperçu de « dewoitine-1.jpg
    Aperçu de « dewoitine-1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 889
  • Aperçu de « dewoitine-2.jpg
    Aperçu de « dewoitine-2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 863
Tail and nose remind me on the SE.200, but that flying boat was 6-engined and, although
quite large for its time, considerable smaller, than the mentioned 300 ts.
Perhaps pre-studies for the SE.1200 ? But even this design, at least in its known last iterations
was about half that weight. But a twin fuselage version of the 1200 could reach such dimensions.

Thank you my dear Richard,

I will figure out about them.

hesham said:
Are those a Dewoitine designs ?.

I think I made it pretty clear in my previous post that these projects were NOT associated with Dewoitine but with AEROSUDEST (which was soon to become SNCASE). Look at the pic again and check the logo on the board just in front of the table.

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 558
More large pictures.

Attachments

• dewoitine[1].jpg
    dewoitine[1].jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 515
  • dewoitine[2].jpg
    dewoitine[2].jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 513

Attachments

• sncase_se-200.jpg
    sncase_se-200.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 125
  • sncase_se-200.gif
    sncase_se-200.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 116
  • se200-7.jpg
    se200-7.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 121
  • LeO H49.jpg
    LeO H49.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 123
  • sncase_se-200-1.jpg
    sncase_se-200-1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 138
As the photo is said to be from around 1945, I still would rather think of
pre-studies of the SE.1200. To my opinion, it wouldn't have made much
sense to present ideas about the older and already realised type there.

My dears,

there was also two missing designations,SE.900 and SE.1300,I know the SE.1300 was
a flying boat project,but no details,and for SE.900,it is a gap between SE.800 and
SE.1000.

May be I can solve this mystery,

they are no sign for them in,Les Avions Dewoitine,Les Avions Potez and Liore et Olivier
books,also Potez-CAMS,and no trace from Romano and SPCA,I think they are Hamel
heavy transatlantic flying boat projects,and they are two designs for his 300 ton
aircraft,he worked from 1935 up to 1945 as TU magazine,please see also;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21322.msg210579.html#msg210579

I'm afraid I cannot see a connection to G. R. Hamel. Those two designs clearly were
made by Aerosudest (Later SNCASE) as the panel clearly shows and at least the single
fuselage type shows a marked resemblance to the SE.200. And the Hamel designs actually
look older, I would think of the '30s. Maybe Monsieur Hamel was working for Aerosudest then,
but I couldn't find a mention in those pages. If I just overlooked it (they are quite hard to
read), please tell me.

My dear Jemiba,

even when we talk about Sud Est and its divisions,no sign for them at all,even
with the books; Les Avions de combat I & II,and may be Hamel worked for the
Sud Est,and his activities was still up to 1943,please see L'Aerophile May and
November 1943.

Hi,

maybe one of them was SNCASE SE-014 Project ?.

Here is a pic of the D550/551 (not sure which) at Toulouse circa 1945. The two models (windtunnel?) on display are a mystery to me. I'm guessing dewoitine, but I have no idea of their origin.

index.php
Do you remember the source ?.

i found in the dewoitine official site the full list of aircraft studied and they were 2 heavy 4 engined flying boats

What is your source Lol90oo ?.

i found in the dewoitine official site the full list of aircraft studied and they were 2 heavy 4 engined flying boats

Where are them exactly ?.

Where are them exactly ?.
there is no image but look in the 1930 its the dewoitine HD46 4engined flying boat

O: ty a lot for the dewoitine design i was searching for a castelo flying boat design

Such as what ?,I can't find any reference to those two heavy flying boat four engines in the site ?!.

O: ty a lot for the dewoitine design i was searching for a castelo flying boat design

Such as what ?,I can't find any reference to those two heavy flying boat four engines in the site ?!.
theres the HD.46 and the HD.700 these are the two four engined flying boats mentioned in the site in the dewoitine production page

theres the HD.46 and the HD.700 these are the two four engined flying boats mentioned in the site in the dewoitine production page

That's not true,the HD.46 was from 1930 and HD.700 was from 1934,and those
designs were appeared in 1945 ?!,and they were not related to these concepts
at all.

at all.
i think the plans were secret before

at all.
oh ye the concepts from that page arent these for sure but idk for the HD.700 because i c ant find its plans