25+ knots.

Aircraft complement:
16 F-35C
2 EWAR drones
4 ASW drones
4 AEW drones
2 helicopters

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 1.29.16 PM.png

I independently arrived to a configuration that's similar to the monohall stealth CVNX, but more practical.

x_stliso.jpg

Second study is more traditional angled deck layout
USS Independence class CVLN
825', 40,000+ tons
20 F-35C
2 EWAR drones
4 AEW drones
4 ASW drones
2 tanker drones
2 helis
2 C-2 Greyhound

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.23.44 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
If you don't mind me saying proelite, your tapered aircraft lifts leave very little room for future aircraft design growth.
Are you planing to incorporate a fixed wing AEW aircraft or are you relying on heli-borne AEW?

Regards
Pioneer

If you're going to all the trouble to pay for nuclear reactors and CATOBAR, with the associated training and equipment costs, why not just build a full-sized 100,000 ton ship? Steel is cheap and air is free after all.

If you want cheap, use STOVL, Diesels and/or Gas Turbines, i.e. something like a Queen Elizabeth class.

If you don't mind me saying proelite, your tapered aircraft lifts leave very little room for future aircraft design growth.
Are you planing to incorporate a fixed wing AEW aircraft or are you relying on heli-borne AEW?

Regards
Pioneer

AEW duties will be handled by drones.

I've also updated the elevators.

TZX7Yp5.png

If you're going to all the trouble to pay for nuclear reactors and CATOBAR, with the associated training and equipment costs, why not just build a full-sized 100,000 ton ship? Steel is cheap and air is free after all.

If you want cheap, use STOVL, Diesels and/or Gas Turbines, i.e. something like a Queen Elizabeth class.

I designed a smaller hull for a theoretical future where the AEW, EW and air refueling duties will be handled by drones, and one where China and US engaged in nuclear-powered warship building competition.

I designed a smaller hull for a theoretical future where the AEW, EW and air refueling duties will be handled by drones, and one where China and US engaged in nuclear-powered warship building competition.

Deck handling is easier on a larger ship regardless, and especially with a CATOBAR ship length of the ship is dictated by the area required for landing and takeoff. That will probably drive the ship well above 40,000 tons alone, especially once you take into account ordnance and fuel requirements for the airwings. Charles de Gaulle is probably a guide a minimum-sized CVN, albeit one with lots of unpleasant compromises, and forced into an artificially small size due to the dock it was built in, not something the US will accept for a ship of their own, especially when they're not bound by any of the constraints that the French had to deal with.

As for nuclear warship building competitions, it is extremely unlikely that anything like that will happen, especially given the relatively minor benefits of nuclear power outside of certain cases, warship procurement is dictated by a variety of requirements, Naval bureaucracies don't just mindlessly design symmetrical responses, and regardless of that nobody who is cost constrained is likely to design a 35,000 ton CATOBAR CVN (and those who aren't cost constrained will go for something much bigger), given the disproportionate cost of the Nuclear Reactors themselves, the training cost of the engineers to operate them, and the training costs to train pilots for CATOBAR and to keep them up to standard. Smaller navies go for STOVL carriers for a reason, and some of them displace more than 35,000 tons, which isn't surprising, given ship size does not have much influence on ship cost.

Final point, which isn't relevant to the concept, but instead to the art, you will want to credit Soode given you have borrowed a large number of elements from his CVN design, the people over at Shipbucket tend to take copyright pretty seriously, please credit him for example something like the below:

United States, Saipan class CVLN
(Soode, proelite)

Country and class name should be in 14 pt Arial, credits below in 10 pt Arial, or if you're using Paint.NET, 10.5 pt and 7.5 pt text respectively.