Turkish Radars developed by Aselsan

snne

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
It seemed like the right time to start a thread, considering the volume of R&D done by Aselsan and the recent developments.

---------------

ASELSAN has announced the development of ALP-500G fixed early warning radar in its 2023 Activity Report. Compared to ALP-300G, also known as ERALP/EİRS, ALP-500G will be stationed separately in a facility designed for it. The GaN-based radar will be significantly larger, providing greater range and power input. ALP-500G’s longer range will also make it a critical part of Turkiye’s future ballistic missile defence structure that will consist of future variants of SİPER air defence missile and likely TF-2000 destroyers with ÇAFRAD radars and SİPER missiles. Other developments in air defence radars include the SİPER long-range air defence system radars. ALP-310G, a derivative of ALP-300G, as the search radar and AKREP-1000G fire control radar, were used during the firing tests in 2024. CENK-200N naval AESA radar following CENK-400N used on I-class frigates was also revealed in the report. ASELSAN stated a deal was inked with a Southeast Asian country for the radar. The naming indicates that CENK-200N is a down-scaled version of CENK-400N for smaller platforms.
https://turdef.com/article/aselsan-develops-alp-500g-fixed-early-warning-radar

View: https://x.com/T_Nblty/status/1796233062138654775

Aselsan's new taxonomy;

Family - Class - Field - Spared Use

Such as AKREP now refers to all fire control radars, AKREP-100N (and NI) refers to AKR-A, AKREP-300N is AKREP (or old AKR-B B2), AKREP-1000A is MFR of Siper.

CENK-300N is CENK-S, CENK-200N is likely MAR-D, CENK-200NI is MAR-D B2.

The last 'I' letter is not clear, thus i addressed it as spared use and took it for - Improvement, referring to an improved block. i.e. MAR-D on Gökdeniz and standalone MAR-D do not possibly attain same power output levels thus the 'I' suffix is given to notify for improved/improvement.

The class does not necessarily indicate a range performance nor proportional to the range of units among or across families, but sets the superiority among the family members. While they maintain AKREP on all fields, for search radars they go with ALP, MURAD and CENK families, so the logic is simple; if something is readily codenamed then keep it, otherwise make it fit to a family.

Class is three characters and first one sets the main class, second one sets the sub-class. i.e. submarine systems based on an existing naval system receives *10, same for if a naval system is adopted from an air system; ASELFLIR-410N.

Attempted to decode it as far as i could. ALPER-200N is LPI radar for surface platforms, ALPER-210N is for submarine platforms, etc.
GO7TBvAW8AASINW.jpg:large

ASELSAN has started development work on the ALP-500G Fixed Early Warning Radar System (SEIRS), the largest member of the early warning radars to date.

The development of the ALP-500G fixed early warning radar is included in Aselsan's Annual Report.

ALP-500G is more than just a radar, it stands out as an integrated sensor solution with its own building and dome radome infrastructure, which will be designed and manufactured indigenously for the first time.

GaN-based radar ALP-500G will be far superior to existing radars in terms of detection range and performance.
https://www.ulusavunma.com/aselsan-alp-500g-sabit-erken-ihbar-radar-sistemi-gelistiriyor/

Back
Top Bottom