The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very nervous about the fan reactions to the initial trailers and photos. Expect to see a lot of similar stories.

I think the rings of power are in national government, sorry but I do.

A look at the Orcs from the show.

It's all important for a Middlearth show to have good story orcs... turning that show into a passion and a hobbit... so that its run is not cut in elves by bad ratings... but it will take a lot of success to dwarf the movies... (where is my coat ?)

Having read the books, I just might. Difficulty is that having read the books little lives up to expectation. I have the same hopes no matter the topic like, ST for example and there is also the potential for a B5 reboot.

I’ll give it a look. Surely it cannot be worse than the Hobbit films which I gave up on part way through the second film because it was so bloated.

Having read the books, I just might. Difficulty is that having read the books little lives up to expectation. I have the same hopes no matter the topic like, ST for example and there is also the potential for a B5 reboot.
I think the B5 reboot will never see the light of day. Production on it has already been put back a year due to the CW channel being up for sale.

I dont like that they are utilizing so much of the Peter Jackson motifs and designs, and of course the things I hear about "updating it for modern audiences" unnerves me. Let me put it this way. Those who are Catholic will understand. Tolkien was known to loudly pray in latin when everyone else was praying in english after vatican 2. He had serious strife with his dear friend C.S. Lewis marrying a divorcee. He was already an anachronism of his own time. Imagine what he would think of this new abomination.

Funny. I remember reading all the history of middle earth and other books that were scraped together by Christopher Tolkien. I thought he did well but I never liked the guy, and felt he was too stern in dealing with his siblings, etc. Now I miss Christopher and now I see what a tragedy it is after he has died.

Lets wait until we see the first episode to judge. If it is good, I can forgive the deviations. Not terribly hopeful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.