Ted Colbert, president and CEO of Boeing Defense, Space and Security resigns

Reuters reports that Ted Colbert, president and CEO of Boeing Defense, Space and Security, will be leaving the company effective immediately.

Confirmed.

More heads should roll at Boeing I would think after Starliner. The Space Unit CEO is just the tip of the iceberg in that case.
not only there
At the 737Max, 777X project and quality control head will roll also...
Good to see Michel Van, that should improve things at Boeing so that there will not be the same mistakes again.

Get rid of ALL of the bean-counters in senior Boeing management and replace them with people who have an engineering background (Just like in the pre McD acquisition days) and do a thorough purge of Boeing of the McDonnell Aircraft Corporation influence inherited from McD. Basically turn McBoeing back into its old Boeing self.

Get rid of ALL of the bean-counters in senior Boeing management and replace them with people who have an engineering background (Just like in the pre McD acquisition days) and do a thorough purge of Boeing of the McDonnell Aircraft Corporation influence inherited from McD. Basically turn McBoeing back into its old Boeing self.

This is exactly what's needed. But, I suspect, in the interests of continuing profits, he will be replaced by more of the same

^I think HR might have a few problems with that guy.
Not the least of which is he's dead, and if Boeing's HR department is as competent as their corporate leadership, odds are there's a skyrocketing likelihood that a series of middle managers end up in a doom-loop of circular emails as they try to resolve a corpse being on the payroll, a process that ends up sucking up the last of the company's resources and driving it into insolvency.

Wars are won by Julius Caesar because he is the most intelligent, not the bestial centurion in charge of putting peasants recruited by force to their deaths.
none of that is applicable. You really don't know what you are talking about.

none of that is applicable. You really don't know what you are talking about.
There is no point in arguing about this, I respect your opinions and understand the historical background that made them necessary in the past, but the world has changed. Stay with the Iron Sergeant, his cannon flesh and his Banzäi attacks and I with the intelligence, technology and faith in a better future that breaks cycles.

Last edited:
Stay with the Iron Sergeant, his cannon flesh and his Banzäi attacks and I with the intelligence, technology and faith in a better future that breaks cycles.
Then you have lost, because you assume he has not evolved, has no intelligence, knowledge of technology and for most, lack of faith.

Boeing of the McDonnell Aircraft Corporation influence inherited from McD. Basically turn McBoeing back into its old Boeing self.
The McDonnell merger/take-over was 27 years ago, not sure how relevant that is today in terms of culture. I think going back to the old Boeing is impossible.

Management styles have changed over the last 30 years. I just don't think that modern managers for all their pseudo-science attempts to formalise their profession actually have any skills other than hubris and a flair for sniffing out profit at the cost of everything else. I also don't think that modern engineers, who in many cases barely touch a spanner during their university studies, actually know enough about old-style engineering and not enough about management beyond that of running a project.

Any company run solely for the benefit of the shareholders' dividends is not going to be capable of doing what companies used to achieve.