Solothurn S14 13mm Machine gun

Wurger

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The Solothurn S14 could have been the German heavy machine gun, in the same class as the US M2 and the Soviet DShK 1938. It would fire 13mm ammo (Musgrave) or, according to other sources, 12,7mmX108mm "Colt". It was proposed in several variants: the basic S14-200, the S15-310/331 double mount, as depicted, and a quadruple mount, the S15-300. A short-recoil action, It`s weight was 25kg, and ROF 600 r/min, Image taken from "Waffenbabrik Solothurn", by Kurt Sallaz.

My question is: does anyone have other drawings of this weapon, or even photos of the built prototype S14-200? The quadruple mount would be superb!

Attachments

• Sol4.JPG
    Sol4.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 62
The Solothurn S14 could have been the German heavy machine gun, in the same class as the US M2 and the Soviet DShK 1938. It would fire 13mm ammo (Musgrave) or, according to other sources, 12,7mmX108mm "Colt". It was proposed in several variants: the basic S14-200, the S15-310/331 double mount, as depicted, and a quadruple mount, the S15-300. A short-recoil action, It`s weight was 25kg, and ROF 600 r/min, Image taken from "Waffenbabrik Solothurn", by Kurt Sallaz.

My question is: does anyone have other drawings of this weapon, or even photos of the built prototype S14-200? The quadruple mount would be superb!
A great find Wurger , I had no idea. So are there any other bottles in the cellar you'd like to share?

A great find Wurger , I had no idea. So are there any other bottles in the cellar you'd like to share?

Seems that this book has something (images, I hope) on this interesting machine gun:

Does anyone have a swiss connection? This book may shed some light, and I would love to see a photo of this machine gun. The Luftwaffe trialled a version designated T14-210 IN 1935.
"Bottles in the cellar"? Great figure of speech! We in Portugal say "playcards in the sleeve". I will eventually publish some "goodies" along, but I must keep my efforts in archives. Literature, most of the time, don`t have the answers I need.