Re-design and Re-building the Bismarck (University final year project)

SteamPanzer95

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi!

I am new to this forum, looking for both basic and deeply technical information on the famous German battleship, Bismarck.

My aim is to gather technical and scientific information about this ship, then recreate it rigorously in an ambitious university project and, subsequently, publish it as a book to attract naval enthusiasts to the world of engineering.

My intention is not to win any prize for it, nor to get an honours degree for it. I just want to do it for the love of technical art and history.
I know it sounds contradictory. Asking for help for an ambitious job and it being for the sheer love of art. But that's how I am, a dreamer and enthusiast of the naval world. That's why I'm training as a Naval Architect.

In order to fulfill my purpose, that of doing an original university work and later publishing it as a technical book, I will need all the information possible:

- I already have the structural technical plans and general arrangement of the battleship Bismarck, from a file that part of this was downloadable content.

- Books or copies of books on Nazi naval architecture (I found almost nothing anywhere that I know of)

- Schematics, diagrams and tabulations of propulsion plant and armament.

- Blueprints of weapons and ammunition.

And I think that's all. If anyone offers to help me, I welcome such help. Otherwise, ignore this thread.

All with the aim of redesigning and rebuilding the Bismarck, just as it was done at that time with the greatest precision.
It sounds difficult, laborious and crazy. But that's the fun of it.

Please help me, kindly, to carry out this project.
Greetings and have a good summer.