Potential customers for the Rockwell T-2 Buckeye (US State Cables)

Gimme a break... why would Nigeria, of all countries, want naval jet trainers ? T-33s would sound a bit more logical...

The Hellenic Air Force is still flying T-2s, not a hint of naval involvement there.

I've always been surprised the T-2 wasn't exported more than it was. Why wouldn't you want a trainer that nuggets could abuse all day with high sink rates and at least some engine commonality with your F-5?

I've always been surprised the T-2 wasn't exported more than it was. Why wouldn't you want a trainer that nuggets could abuse all day with high sink rates and at least some engine commonality with your F-5?

I would say Cessna T-37 killed any hopes there, plus the AT-37 variants. As for J85... F-5B and T-38 were already there for trainer commonality with the F-5. Finally navy aircraft usually export worse than USAF, because naval features (although the Hornet would strongly disagree with that statement).

Looks like Morocco as well, to replace the Magisters....

As an aside, does anyone have any idea what the Grumman Command Post Aircraft would be? My first thought went to some kind of TACAMO(!) but I suppose they probably mean a Hawkeye?

If not an E-2, maybe some sort of Gulfstream II special mission aircraft as an airborne command post or comms relay?

Yes probably a Gulfstream II, which the Royal Moroccan Air Force did operate.
Interestingly they still operate two Falcon 20 for EW.