Object 699 and Prototypes

jspene

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been researching the BMP-3 recently, and in my research came across mention of an "Object 699", apparently this prototype vehicle was planned to be able to accommodate various (notably Western, for export) weapons systems. After some cursory searching on the internet, I have come up with next to nothing. Attached are the page of the book I learned this from, and a PDF of a translated version I made in google translate.

"At the initiative of many foreign companies, SKBM conducted pre-contract work with the companies Matra Defiance France, KMSh Peru, Giat France, TDA (Thompson-CSF) France, Veta Bulgaria, OTO Vneba Italy, Patria Famım Sweden-Finland on the possibility of installing on the universal naval system (object 699) the Mistral, 3PK Wildcat SAM systems, the Milochatse minelayer, the 120-km 2R2M mortar, the creation of a combat missile system for Bulgaria, a cannon with a variety of calibers of pistol armament, and a twin-barreled AMOS mortar mount. Each of the projects involved the sale of 50 to 300 samples of object 699. The leading engineer for object 699 was S.F. Zakamdin."

It should be stated that everything I know of this project, inlcuding the quote above, comes from google translate, and so it may not be accurate at all.

Here is the book this page is in.

I would very much appreciate any information on this prototype vehicle. Thank you!

Attachments

• Object 699.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 2
  • e2b05519-8dc9-4284-ac5b-77f37aa79abb.png
    e2b05519-8dc9-4284-ac5b-77f37aa79abb.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 8

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom