flateric

ACCESS: USAP
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
somewhat Weyland-Yutanish I'd say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxfJzl2jkg

Orionblamblam said:
In the next 100 years, they might build three or four new airplanes. Maybe even put one into production!
virtual build ? and the one in to production will be from Lockheed Martin China i presume

viva nomenklatura

a spirit of Stark they aren't

piko1 said:
Orionblamblam said:
In the next 100 years, they might build three or four new airplanes. Maybe even put one into production!
virtual build ? and the one in to production will be from Lockheed Martin China i presume

From "Future Spacecraft Propulsion Systems" by P.Czysz
problem_zpsfd7986ed.jpg

This should be poster-sized in the office of every manager, engineer, bureaucrat, and politician of the government, NASA, and the military.

sferrin said:
This should be poster-sized in the office of every manager, engineer, bureaucrat, and politician of the government, NASA, and the military.

Most of them would suffer cognitive dissonance just reading it, unfortunately.

sferrin said:
From "Future Spacecraft Propulsion Systems" by P.Czysz
problem_zpsfd7986ed.jpg

I'd start with the saying I have on my door at work:

“No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.”

― Karl R. Popper

If they can't pass this test, then forget about Czysz's quote.

sferrin said:

i agree with you that's why i like the old Russian way big room a lot of chalk and engineers brains that draw on the floor
and in the end you get real plane with real pilot to fly it not 3d model in emulated conditions and pilot in simulator "testing"how the real thing would work ::)

i made big offtopic i think so on topic :

after 100 years we will be on the same evolution step we are now and not an inch further in life not just in the aerospace technologies if nothing fundamental changes

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxfJzl2jkg

I thought the airplane and unmanned drone were awesome. The drone sure looked like the Taranis model displayed by BAe.

How come this video includes the Cormorant morphing UAV? I thought this one had been abandoned quite a while ago!