Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon - News

Forest Green

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
In relation to crash late last year.

It looks like it was a close squeak for the pilot. I wonder if the South Koreans will be able to salvage and raise the wreckage of the F-16? If they can then they should be able access the fighter's blackbox.

A Turkish "Solotürk" aerobatic demo F-16 almost crashed into the crowd at Teknofest

View: https://x.com/tolgaozbek_com/status/1841908039797879271

Imagine the horror, thank God it didn't crash...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_air_show_disaster

They grounded the aircraft, apparently the Flight Control Computer malfunctioned aircraft performed a barrel roll when the pilot was pulling away from the crowd. Damn lucky he gained control, that aircraft was heading straight into the crowd otherwise..
View: https://x.com/avionot/status/1842203585511035172

One would have assumed 100% investigation into how things work would have been a priority. These things are almost at a level you can make Civil Wars out of.

I only see a pilot error. I don´t see why there is a polemic with the FCS here. On the contrary it performed fairly well, rocket rolling the aircraft back on its belly before performing a sharp climb/ high AoA pull-up away from the crowd (you can even see a stable G-loaded 90cdeg turn afterward).
The FCS is what was functioning here. The grounding might be more on the adrenaline shot or, perhaps more appropriately, the plunging Belle's décolleté where the falcon eyed pilot lost his SA. ;)

Last edited:
That ain't no FCS failure

It was a perfect display of Turkish 'bravado' which was literally one second away from their own Sknyliv disaster. No wonder they lost 1 out of every 9 Falcon they got

Entirely political commentary:

Those shows are now meant for the 2028 Presidential Elections; there might be a new candidate. Giving up the company after that UCAV, to control the country, keeping things as is. If a plane crashes or looks like crashing it might decrease the crowds in the future events. The pilot is most likely a marked man now. First comment.

Second, my one. For "sabotage to happen" or some kill-switch there should have been something. As big as taking part in a recent strike. This fails to explain why the plane could recover. If there was anything like that in the first place.

No comments from some others.

Hence the final one that keeps the option of political advantage; might return to it later on. Citing a low level Phantom run that hit the top of a minaret so many years ago.

I only see a pilot error. I don´t see why there is a polemic with the FCS here. On the contrary it performed fairly well, rocket rolling the aircraft back on its belly before performing a sharp climb/ high AoA pull-up away from the crowd (you can even see a stable G-loaded 90cdeg turn afterward).
The FCS is what was functioning here. The grounding might be more on the adrenaline shot or, perhaps more appropriately, the plunging Belle's décolleté where the falcon eyed pilot lost his SA. ;)

That's my thinking as well.
Flying directly towards and over the crowd instead of parallel to it isn't the FCS fault...