Load limits for German airframes

Clipper996

Indeed
Reaction score
Did Luftwaffe present their pilots with the g-force limit information for specific airframes (such as v-g diagram or just a simple number), and if so, which manuals usually contained them?

I've checked the betriebsanleitung, bedienungsvorschrift-fl, flugzeug-handbuch, exerzier-karte on a specific aircraft but i couldn't find such information (German isn't my first language, so i might have missed it somewhere though).

Akaflieg Berlin B9, airframe stressed to accept 22 g.

Attachments

• img428.jpg
    img428.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 206
  • img429.jpg
    img429.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 191
That looks interesting, thank you!
Maybe we could just collect known data for various airframes and post them in this topic?

I've found some (unverified) data for Me 262 yesterday on a different forum (post was a bit old though), source for the information was cited as "worldaccessnet" and the data posted was: +7g @ 440mph and -5g @ 410mph.

I also found some data for Hs 132 in the Flight Magazine archives though, apparently the limit was 12g (source: www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1946/1946%20-%201392.html).

Clipper996,

I have a reprint of an original "Baubeschreibung" (Construction Description) of the Ta-152H at another place; I will let you know.

Btw, interesting flightglobal find ;)