list of USN Post war unbuilt early fighter aircraft projects 1945 to late 50s early 60s.

Norse

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
im looking for pictures and specs of the aircraft and includes jets turboprops piston ect for this alternate timeline seareo.

Im making a list of post war aircraft for an alt timeline can some one or some people find some aircraft to make this list the aircraft above is an example of the type of aircraft I'm looking for this is a discussion and list ps I'm looking of pics and specs of the aircraft that YOU or ANYONE can add to this thing I sorry if I'm repeating myself its an open discussion.

I was inspired to make this list and discussion from star trek alternate timeline and thinking what would a similar alt time line USN fighters would be and also be a list of all USN aircraft canceled weird projects so dose anyone have some submissions?

Was there any alternatives to the McDonnell FH phantom 1726009080288.png (very underappreciated aircraft)but was there any other first generation Navy fighter jets and if so what were their designs and specifications and pictures I'm starting this list off with first generation fighter jets from the US Navy this also includes other canceled projects propeller powered piston and turbo prop projects as well as not canceled projects

Linked from the McDonnell F-1A Phantom I article was the Vought F6U Pirate which was a contemporary of the Phantom I.

F6U-1_Pirate_NATC_in_flight.jpg

first generation us Navy fighter jets canceled eye candy projects

In regards to the F6U-1 it was a severely underpowered joke derisively referred to by the pilots who flew it as the "Groundhog".

Heck there have been even have been some four engine fighters like the Swiss jet fight EFW N-20 Aiguillon

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom