lightweight books... :-)

Nicknick

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I didn't want to spoil the thread of Calum ("the secret horsepower race") so I decided to put it in the bar section, please note:

Fortunately, the most prominent inventor allready came up with a solution for reducing the weight of books (see from 6:20):
:)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7NnUrcSAM&ab_channel=VoicesofthePast

A book made out of ultra thin nickel pages (1/20.000 inch) would be cheaper and lighter than a paper book. A book with 40.000 pages would only weight a pound... So maybe we will finally see a lightweight edition....

true, but imagine how much stuff we could read from old books if they would have been made of nickel....

The Sumerians used clay plates which survived much better than the papyrus used in later times

A book with 40.000 pages would only weight a pound... So maybe we will finally see a lightweight edition....
As a couple different autoimmune things gradually affect my health, lightweight books sound like a grand idea.
While they have very nice print and image quality, those 300 to 400 page airplane, spaceflight, railway, maritime, books with clay-coated paper pages are getting heavier and heavier each year.

(yes, I have Kindle for PC and some electronic books; even though book weight is becoming an issue, those chemical stains on dead tree tissue books work so much better for me than electronic books do)

The really cutting finger, errr, edge technology...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom