Leport-Y Amphibian Aircraft Project ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From Krila 2/1985;

here is an amphibian light transport and tourist light aircraft Project,the constructor of Model was
Marjan Mencinger,I don't know it it was a hypothetical or real design ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.png
    2.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.png
    3.png
    257 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.png
    4.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 65
YU-3M registration implies that the model was built in Serbia. Weird! Because I can almost read the magazine article!!!! And I cannot read any Slavic languages.
I doubt if it got beyond the model stage.
I wonder why it has gull-wings plus a horizontal spar. Routing the gullwings’ soar through the middle of the fuselage restricts cabin length.

I think the title says it all: "An exclusive plane, as the modeler - an enthusiast imagines".

On the side of the first scan is an account of the crash of a North Pacific Airlines at Soldotna, AK. That refers to NPA's Flight 1802, a Queen Air N50NP, in Feb 1985. So, that gives us a rough date for the publication ... if not for this gull-winged concept.

I wonder why it has gull-wings plus a horizontal spar. Routing the gullwings’ soar through the middle of the fuselage restricts cabin length.

Exactly, and a high wing would have made engine mounting easier. Or, a low wing would have shortened the retractable skid/float thingies. I suspect that the modeller was just enamoured of the look of the gull-winged Piaggio P.136 or somesuch.

Last edited:
No reason for the shape mentioned. Only that the broad wing profile served as fuel tank.
Language is of course Slovenian, as the magazine, registration of the model is Yugoslavian.
By the way you can date the publication much easier: it's Krila 2/1985, as Hesham wrote.