toura

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Do you know ? More details ?

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 190
Re: Latécoère Laté-800 jet airliner project......

Dear Toura, the Latécoère Laté-800 was an unsolicited submission to the SGACC (Secrétariat Général à l'Aviation Civile et Commerciale) specification that resulted in the SNCASE Sud-Est SE.210 Caravelle.

It was rejected because two of the three SNECMA Atar turbojets and their exhaust ducts were mounted under the cabin floor which would have been inappropriate for a passenger airliner cabin (imagine sittng on top of two turbojets!). The location of this engine installation would also have left little room for underfloor freight/baggage compartment. I can't imagine how such an engine installation would been integrated into a pressurised fuselage.....

Terry (Caravellarella)

HI terry
THANKS
yes of course........but why ingineers think this !!! ?

Re: Latécoère Laté-800 jet airliner project......

Thank you Toura. I don't know why Latécoère submitted this design; they weren't invited to. To the best of my knowledge Latécoère did not have any experience with high-speed aircraft design and had never built or flown a landplane airliner. These early axial flow turbojet engines were quite slim and with some imagination could be placed anywhere in an airframe......

Terry (Caravellarella)