Jakab 38, Aero Tovarna Letadel 1919-1945 a jeji Letadla, Pavel Kucera

Gary Halliday

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Notwithstanding its ISBN etc, was this book ever really published? The other Pavel Kucera book about Aero, (1919-1999), published by Motomedia, can be found fairly easily but the only 'evidence' that this version was actually published is via Worldcat to say a copy exists in the Czech National Library. If you follow the links to the library itself they fizzle out before you can confirm that the book exists. I've heard Jakab books can be a bit difficult to get hold of - but this one is my all time hardest to find. Jakab replied when I emailed to ask about the length of the print run so as to gauge the secondhand market. They just said that there was no intention at present to make further copies and wouldn't say how many were produced. I think it is a fiction.

Notwithstanding its ISBN etc, was this book ever really published? The other Pavel Kucera book about Aero, (1919-1999), published by Motomedia, can be found fairly easily but the only 'evidence' that this version was actually published is via Worldcat to say a copy exists in the Czech National Library. If you follow the links to the library itself they fizzle out before you can confirm that the book exists. I've heard Jakab books can be a bit difficult to get hold of - but this one is my all time hardest to find. Jakab replied when I emailed to ask about the length of the print run so as to gauge the secondhand market. They just said that there was no intention at present to make further copies and wouldn't say how many were produced. I think it is a fiction.
Hi,
this book by Pavel Kučera was actually published in 2020. I own one copy. Now the book is sold out and is not even available in Czech antique shops.
Aero 1919-1945.jpg

Sarastro…Thanks very much for the information. I thought it may have been a publishing story - for who knows what purpose? It’s interesting that your copy has the vignetted A300 and A200 pictures on the top row of the cover art where the more common marketing picture has them on the lower row. It makes me wonder whether there was more than one printing.. Whilst visiting Prague in March I managed to find 4 out of 5 titles that I wanted in the city of antvariats. This was the missing one. Kbely was still in closed season - I wondered whether the bookshop there had a copy as it doesn’t seem to be connected to the online catalogues - probably a faint hope. Whatever the story behind its scarcity, I imagine there will be a scramble when/if one ever reaches the secondhand market. The Bittner/NTM archives look fascinating - is anyone projecting a book that you know of?

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom