Reaction score
Thank you my dear Blackkite,

the Ishikawa T-1 was a project for recce aircraft,does anyone
hear about it ?.

hesham said:
Thank you my dear Blackkite,

the Ishikawa T-1 was a project for recce aircraft,does anyone
hear about it ?.
Hi! I can't find any information about ISHIKAWAJIMA T-1, but I can find ISHIKAWAJIMA T-2 and T-3 pictures from my bible. Enjoy.
ISHIKAWAJIMA(石川島)shipyard was established in 1853(EDO(江戸) period!) and manufactured NE-20 jet engine in 1945.
ISHIKAWAJIMA aircraft corporation was established in 1924 by investment from ISHIKAWAJIMA shipyard.
ISHIKAWAJIMA aircraft was renamed to Tachikawa(立川)aircraft by request of IJA in 1936.
ISHIKAWAJIMA HARIMA HEAVY INDUSTRIES(石川島播磨重工業) was established in 1960. And renamed to IHI corporation in 2007.
It has Kure(呉) shipyard which used to built battle ship YAMATO(大和).
IAE V2500 fan engine was born from joint venture between R.R. and IHI.
HONDA F1 engine used IHI twin-turbo charger.
IHI is also manufacturing LH2/LO2 turbo pump and solid rocket booster for Japanese H2 rocket, reactor vessel/containment vessel for nuclear power station.
http://www.ihi.co.jp/index-e.html

Attachments

• ISHIKAWAJIMA T-2.jpg
    ISHIKAWAJIMA T-2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 177
  • ISHIKAWAJIMA T-3.jpg
    ISHIKAWAJIMA T-3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 174
rlucas said:
Hi all,

Does anyone have more info on the ISHIKAWAJIMA T-3 ? there is a picture here in the thread in the beginning, but I am especially looking for more pictures and a 3view? I have found some remarks on the web, but not much... It was later owned by Asahi Shimbun (registratio J-BBCA, fleet number 53?). See some pictures here too:

http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.nl/2013_02_01_archive.html

Hi! Japanese wikipedia for Ishikawajima T-2.(Auto translation)
Overview
Competition prototype of 8/1925, from the army to replace the Otsu type 1 reconnaissance aircraft for four companies of Mitsubishi aircraft, airplanes, Kawasaki shipbuilding, aircraft Division (after the Kawasaki aircraft), Ishikawajima new reconnaissance aircraft was proposed. Gustav Rahaman engineer is at the Ishikawajima from Germany invited leaders from the yoshiwara Shiro engineer performs design work as a competent architect and 8/1926 to complete the design. The 7/1927 test 1 is followed by complete reactor on August 11, both together in December the Army aviation headquarters technology of flight crew delivered to, screening was conducted.
T-2 steel frame with wooden, fabric-covered biplane No. 1 was powered BMW-6 engine reactor is made by Hispano-Suiza water-cooled V-12 engine (lift-off 500 hp). And converted into t-3 frame changed to all-metal reactor, believed that accidents had advantages, such as ease of construction and low cost of adoption of wooden frames, corrupt auxiliary wings during flight, the aircraft is destroyed, there is problem on the strength, to review all over again.
T-3 was completed in 1928, (0/1928). And succeeded in strengthening of the airframe strength and lightweight Duralumin changing wing frame in tubular steel fuselage frame on aileron balance tab changes have been made, however, was informally is already 1/1928 Kawasaki KDA-2 formally adopted in the t-3 a prototype third-party both rejected and became. Then, t-3, 1932 (0/1932) from the army Asahi Shimbun was sold to the later mods by Ishikawajima until 1939 (0/1939) was used as a communications aircraft.
Was the planned t-1 t-2 ago, but has not reached actual production.
Specifications
T-2 (reactor) full length:10.293 m
Width of:14.01 m
Height approx:3.853 m
Wing area:49.0 m2
Weight: 1733 kg
Gross kg: 2816
Engine: BMW-6 liquid-cooled V-12 (lift-off 600 hp) x 1
Maximum speed: 232 km/h
Service ceiling: 7150 m
Duration: 6 hours
Armed:7.7mm fixed machine gun x 27.7 mm turning machine gun × 1-2
Crew: two
T-3
total length:10.293 m
Width of:14.01 m
Height approx:3.856 m
Wing area:49.0 m2
Weight: 1580 kg
Weight: 2780 kg
Engine: BMW-6 liquid-cooled V-12 (lift-off 600 hp) x 1
Maximum speed: 235 km/h
Service ceiling: 7150 m
Duration: 7 hours (unarmed)
Armed:7.7mm fixed machine gun x 27.7 mm turning machine gun × 1-2
Crew: two

3-side and picture source : as usual
NAF-2 3-side view drawing is hard to find for me,too. :(

Attachments

• Ishikawajima T-3 experimental reconnaissance aircraft.jpg
    Ishikawajima T-3 experimental reconnaissance aircraft.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20160704_0001 - コピー.jpg
    IMG_20160704_0001 - コピー.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20160704_0002.jpg
    IMG_20160704_0002.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 151
What was this Ishikawa Urban Air Defense Fighter Project ?,...

It was designed to replace the IJA's Nakajima Ko-4 (NiD-29 C1) biplane fighter. Invitations were issued in March 1927 to Kawasaki, Ishikawajima, Mitsubishi, and Nakajima to provide prototypes for a Ko-4 replacement competition.

The Ishikawajima entrant was to be a biplane powered by a 500 hp engine - probably the same Hispano-Suiza 12G used in the Ishikawajima's T-2 reconnaissance biplane. The IJA examined the drawings of the proposed Ishikawajima 'urban air defence fighter' but rejected their concept as unpromising. Further development of this fighter design was cancelled in November 1927.

The Ko-4 replacement was won by Richard Vogt's Kawasaki KDA-3. I suspect that the odd 'urban air defence fighter' description for the Ishikawajima entrant was meant to suggest a 'point defence' fighter.

(BTW - and OT - I'm building up a Ishikawajima list for the designation section.)
[Edit] See: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/ishikawajima-aircraft-designations.41539/

Last edited: