Is this a Polikarpov fighter

Where did you find it?. Source citation is always a must for researchers.

As Airborne2001 says, it shares a family resemblance with Polikarpov ultimate monoplane designs like ITP but I can tell more.

A whatif creation is also possible because the engine doesn’t look Soviet. At first sight it looks Merlin engined...

Having crafted that kind of hybrid contraptions in my past, I would say this looks like a fan-made MS Paint work. Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Yes I would say its fake, looks like someone has mashed a LaGG-3 and a MiG-3 together.

In fact, MiG-3 was an improved MiG-1 which, in turn, was originated as I-200 at Polikarpov OKB.

In fact, MiG-3 was an improved MiG-1 which, in turn, was originated as I-200 at Polikarpov OKB.
But it's far away from MiG or Polikarpov ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.png
    2.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 72
Yep, this is a what-if. It is a retouched I-17 with a Yak cowling and belly radiator. Not sure about the prop and spinner (the latter seems a little too curvaceous to be from a MiG-3).

Going by actual late Polikarpov developments, it is probably safe to say that any I-17 update would have lost those enormous I-16-esque wing and tailplane fairings.

Attachments

• mystery-fighter.jpg
    mystery-fighter.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 54
Yes, just as Ilyushin took over derivatives of the I-17. It's also worth noting that all of the Soviet design teams relied on the same, centralized, aerodynamic research facilities. So similar ideas and configurations are hardly surprising.

Where did you find it?. Source citation is always a must for researchers.

As Airborne2001 says, it shares a family resemblance with Polikarpov ultimate monoplane designs like ITP but I can tell more.

A whatif creation is also possible because the engine doesn’t look Soviet. At first sight it looks Merlin engined...
Sorry , I can't give more information about it . I just recently stumbled across it on the Internet, but there is no more information given by the website. And as you said, it indeed looks like a combination of Spitfire and Polikarpov designs, such as I-17. It really might be a fan-made work, like others said.