Internet connection.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else have constant internet drops of service?

Just dropping of service and non responsive pages very frequently. Not the pc or the router so it seems that either BT or the general internet quality today are flaky. Considering what's going on I expected it tbh.

Connection dropped twice while posting the last entry.

Just dropping of service and non responsive pages very frequently. Not the pc or the router so it seems that either BT or the general internet quality today are flaky. Considering what's going on I expected it tbh.
ok, so ping www.secretprojects.co.uk and see if there are large variations in the ping times. Do a traceroute and see were the packet loss is occurring.

I am in the UK/England. For the most part I am guessing that demand is going to be very high and the service here is not the best. Wondering if demand is going up everywhere.

I am in the UK/England. For the most part I am guessing that demand is going to be very high and the service here is not the best. Wondering if demand is going up everywhere.
Seems okay here in Utah but we're pretty far away from the action.

Test result.

Attachments

• Ping Test SP.jpg
    Ping Test SP.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 20
Thanks mate. No idea myself.

Attachments

• Ping Test 2.jpg
    Ping Test 2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 17
Packet loss of 30% is massive ans will result in terrible performance, pages or images failing to load. I can't help though, as the site is fine.

The last hop is red because www.secretprojects.co.uk does not allow icmp traffic. Hop #8 (ixp1-ae-0.us-nyh.gia.bt.net) right before the server is looking kinda slow. I am going to assume that is probably secretprojects hosting companies Inet connection.

No problem connecting from my rural area in the Netherlands.

I turned on icmp in the firewall to check this and its working fine from New Zealand. The server is hosted by Digital Ocean.

Server is located on the US East Coast for best performance from the two largest pools of users - USA and UK.

Last edited:
It's only been an issue over the last three or four days, fine before then.

Strangely enough, after about 1AM everything settles down. Weird.