HH-1 Zipper or He 162C design

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Nice design, it reminds me of the He 162C. Some more information about this aircraft ?

Attachments

• Zip.jpg
    Zip.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Hammer Hunt HH-1 Zipper.jpg
    Hammer Hunt HH-1 Zipper.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 69
  • HH-1.jpg
    HH-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 59
That paint scheme reminds of 1970s fashions.
Heinkel drew a few sketches of V-tailed versions of He 162, but none were built before the end of WW2.
V-tails are still a viable configuration for single-engine jets. The much more recent Cirrus Jet and SubSonex light jets use V-tails to keep them out of jet blast.

In fact, this type of design was exhibited in the USA in 1950 by the French Fouga CM.8R alias Sylphe. initially named Cyclone, it was a small jet glider with a butterfly tail, designed by the engineers Robert Castello and Pierre Mauboussin in 1949. Equipped with a low-power Turbomeca engine, it was manufactured in only one copy and was sent abroad, in particular to the United States where it was officially presented to the US Air Force. The American officials announced that the aircraft could find its market on the American continent. A proposal to build it under license was even launched by the aircraft manufacturer Curtiss Wright. The American manufacturer proposed to sell it under the designation of Midjet on the American civil market as well as in Canada.

Attachments

• Sylphe.jpg
    Sylphe.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 44
The He 500 project can also claim authorship.

Attachments

• He.500.JPG
    He.500.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 41
Honestly, I think the thread name should be altered since there is no more elements to link this design to the He162 than the proven ones with Ryan's UAV's that aren't even mentioned!

Honestly, I think the thread name should be altered since there is no more elements to link this design to the He162 than the proven ones with Ryan's UAV's that aren't even mentioned!
Another good idea.the thread is to you add this : That the wings come from a Teledyne Ryane that Hammer comes from Boeing, I only wish to give more passion to the subject starting for example with a title proposal as you say .thanks