But this is crazy. If there is a general war with Russia in the next 5 years (we've been hearing that since 1946) then its immaterial anyway whether GCAP goes ahead. Even if we ordered 500 F-35s tomorrow they wouldn't be delivered in time, we might get a squadron of Typhoons maybe, but given such a war would likely end up with instant sunshine dished about and we'll have lots of other things to worry about that "I wish they had ordered 1,000 GCAPs for 2040".

There seems to be a lot of death wish fanaticism going on, Justin Bronk's argument seem fallacious in several respects.
Everybody needs to remember that this is our money going down the drain (hopefully, otherwise that'd mean war) optimistically there needs to be less spending for such useless things so anyone competent wouldn't really look for trouble.

Last edited:
F-22B that never was with updated f-35 nose profile. The increased wingsweep is maybe to compensate for how fat this thing is.

Article here. Nothing much new and no analysis of the new design (of course not - there's been no time to do so) and a few boilerplate industry statements - 'best thing since fried gold' etc. Still, a handy overview. No doubt more to come as the Farnborough show gets going.

Avweek here, much the same:

Last edited:
I wonder if they will consider canard in next iteration.

Maybe, tvc nozzle will buffer these major adjustment.
It seems dev team have confidence to use it all the time, so ruddervators were changed to small.( from this https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/attachments/img_1358-jpeg.711689/)
I don't know how to fit these system to the tail part of current CG.
Are CGs still placeholder?
Still under going by NGF budget, so I put in this thread.

No.28 : It seems like the fuselage design will get closer to the internal structure and there are plan of the trial construction for partial loading test.
No.29 : Contract for the manufacture of thrust deflector nozzles and other auxiliaries for engine on-board testing.
(推力偏向ノズルの研究試作契約 is contract for development and construction of XVN3-1、I don't know this contract inherit old contract for xvm-10, 2D tvc nozzle for XF3-400 engine)
Will they use 3D tvc nozzle that is improved one from XVN3-1?

no27, 30 are also related.
View attachment 734333
R.6 = 2024

Last edited:

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom