Glen E14Y1

Genri

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello colleagues! The book E14Y1 GLEN has a color illustration by Giuseppe Picariello. The aircraft and cockpit equipment are numbered there. There are numbers, but I do not know what they refer to. Can anyone send a description of the listed equipment?
I will be very grateful to you!
1679913706699.jpeg

10 is a Lewis light machine gun, probably firing British .303 inch, full-bore rifle ammo.

Thanks! But I need equipment and devices located in the cabin.
Emerald green is structural steel tubing.
Light green is sheet aluminum painted with green/yellow zinc-chromate primer (56 and 61).
Fuel tanks are orange/red (15, 40 and 52).
Pale blue are crew seats (7 and 29).
Sand colored might be armored floor boards (66).
The sand-colored panel behind the pilot's head looks more like a wind-break for when flying with the aft canopy open (26).
Purple is flight controls (49).
The gray boxes look to be various radios and navigation instruments (29 and 63). The gray box in front of the back-seater's eyes looks like some sort of bomb-sight??????
Black is instrument panels (23 and 54).

Thank you, but this is very naive...)
Well, what is 62,63, 52,53,57,29,22,24,8,17,18,196,4,27,26,13??? so I hope it will be clear...
What is this equipment, what is it called?

Mods: Genri's very specific query regards an aircraft type which was neither unbuilt nor especially rare/unknown. Perhaps this thread should be transferred to Aviation & Space?

Anyway, here is a stab at identifying a few of those cockpit items ...

4 = flare launch tube
8 = intercom control box
17 = battery
22 = radio transmitter
24 = compass
26 = headrest
27 = rear instrument panel/compass support
29 = pilot's seat
52 = throttle quadrant
53 = pitch trim knob ...

One question for Genri: Are you the person attempting to model the E14Y1 in 1:21 scale? If so, does it really matter what each of these cockpit 'gubbins' are called?

BTW, I believe that the artist's name is Giuseppe Picarella (not 'Picariello').

moved as proposed

Last edited by a moderator:
1680160293892.png
I probably explained it wrong...if there is a designation of the equipment in the description of the Giuseppe Picarella illustration (you can understand that I made a typo), for example, the one you see in the photo, then I ask you to specify the type of this equipment and the name. And if it is not there, then I ask you to write that there are notations to the illustration as you describe.
And you're wrong about this plane. This is the famous plane that managed to bomb America.
Yes, I'm making this plane from scratch.

I hope I have written everything correctly now (my English is lame, or rather, lying on the floor...)

I probably explained it wrong...if there is a designation of the equipment ...

Ah, okay, that is a better way to put your question - you want to know the designations of the 'keyed' equipment in Picarella's illustration. Understood.

Mod: Thanks for moving this thread :)