Jason Dykstra (Wyvern)

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi all,

The purpose of this thread is to collect and present source material for German bomb types, fuzes and tactics used over the Mediterranean (with particular reference to Malta). I am looking for both British and German sources, both primary and secondary, however, I would especially like some German diagrams for fuzes and bomb designs, in addition to source material referring to tactics used by aircrew.

I am collecting this information in order to create a video series about Bomb and Mine Disposal by the Royal Engineers and RNVR, and I would like it to be as accurate from a historical standpoint as possible, as this topic is not really given all that much research despite its importance. I currently have a number of sources which will be listed below.

Regards,

Jason

Edit: I apologise in advance for the empty posts currently present, however I have reserved them for posting the research I have managed to conduct so far. The post are currently a work in progress, and will be updated shortly.

German bomb types [3]

Found this online and it saved me having to re-do the table in my book. I will add if there are any missing details.

GermanDesignationEnglish
SCSprengcylindrischH.E. cylindrical general purpose.
SBSprengbombeHigh capacity bomb.
SAHigh capacity bomb.
SDSpreng DickwandH.E. thick walled, semiarmor piercing, fragmentation.
SD (small)Spreng DickwandAnti-personel.
SBeSplitter BetonConcrete fragmentation bomb.
PCPanzerdurchschlag cylindrischCylindrical armor-piercing bomb.
PDPanzer DickwandArmor-piercing.
BTBomben TorpedoTorpedo bomb.
SPSplitterFragmentation (anti-personnel).
ZCZementcylindrischCement cylindrical.
BLCBlitzlichtcylindrischPhotoflash.
KCKampfstoffcylindrischChemical cylindrical.
NCNebelcylindrischSmoke cylindrical.

Last edited: