RavenOne

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Laughingly or not as I walked through HAll 3 at ILA Berlin 2024 last week, came across General Atomics booth, showcasing off their Predator, Reaper, Avenger , noticed on their video, pair of DO228. Outside in static between Halls 3 and 4, was DO228 (my photos below) with General Atomics branding. I thought huh, perhaps GA were going to test unmanned tech on said a/c.

GA_DO228_NXT_1.jpg GA_DO228_NXT_2.jpg GA_DO228_NXT_3.jpg

Then spoke to the guy turns out its an offshoot /sub company called General Atomics Aerotec and they are now producing the DO228 NXT

cheers

It's less odd when you remember most Do 228s are/were used in a para-military role.

There also appears to be growth in this segment of the market. Twin Otter is back and Textron's Cessna just brought the Skycourier to market. I wouldn't be surprised if someone made an attempt to build an eSTOL in this segment before the decade's done.

It's less odd when you remember most Do 228s are/were used in a para-military role.

meant as in an aerospace firm thats into unmanned systems since the year dot, suddenly acquires a legacy aircraft and goes into producing it, but then again Aerotec is an European division of theirs that also does NH90 maintenance ....

cheers

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom