ollys_aviation

Lockheed Martined all over the place
Reaction score
Website
www.artstation.com
Hi guys, I created this account a while back because I wanted to share some of my aircraft. I think I'll start this thread off with the latest iteration of the Lynx. It is the 3rd Iteration of redesign and after being inspired by the FAR21 LMF design challenge, I would like to share my expertise(4 years) and receive some as well :D.

Attachments

• F56.png
    F56.png
    2 MB · Views: 179
  • F562.png
    F562.png
    2 MB · Views: 117
  • F563.png
    F563.png
    2 MB · Views: 91
Hi guys, I created this account a while back because I wanted to share some of my aircraft. I think I'll start this thread off with the latest iteration of the Lynx. It is the 3rd Iteration of redesign and after being inspired by the FAR21 LMF design challenge, I would like to share my expertise(4 years) and receive some as well :D.
Looks quite nice. But it looks like it got 2 25mm guns like the F-35 has one. Quite a gunslinger

This was the second iteration(yellow) and first iteration btw, one done in 2021 and the other in 2024! The third is the original post!

Attachments

• Slight Makeover 2.png
    Slight Makeover 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • Slight Makeover 3.png
    Slight Makeover 3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • Slight Makeover 4.png
    Slight Makeover 4.png
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • Slight Makeover.png
    Slight Makeover.png
    2 MB · Views: 76
Now lets get back to the questions.
What is its size and what engine do you want to use / what would be the closest? But i have to say that the edge alignement looks very good from what i can see. Also does it have on the back a hatch for boom refueling?

Now lets get back to the questions.
What is its size and what engine do you want to use / what would be the closest? But i have to say that the edge alignement looks very good from what i can see. Also does it have on the back a hatch for boom refueling?
Engines: Pratt and Whitney F119's for now but maybe a modified F-35A F135? It has to be capable of vectored thrust for sure.
The size is about the same as the F22, length wise 49.5 feet ish, 40.5 span wise. It mightttt have a backhatch but, I would have to see if it is necessary considering it has a boom of its own? @

Some of the elements seem like that they could be planform aligned more effectively... Granted, I'm not sure how vital that is, or if it can be harmful if done improperly, but in case it is vital and is hard to screw up, why not make certain features (wing-tips, canard leading edges) more aligned with the rest of the aircraft?

In any case, beautiful model. It'd go nicely in Ace Combat.

Some of the elements seem like that they could be planform aligned more effectively... Granted, I'm not sure how vital that is, or if it can be harmful if done improperly, but in case it is vital and is hard to screw up, why not make certain features (wing-tips, canard leading edges) more aligned with the rest of the aircraft?

In any case, beautiful model. It'd go nicely in Ace Combat.
I am afraid I do not know what ya mean but, i'll look into it! in the meanwhile!

Attachments

• WIP1.png
    WIP1.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 32
  • WIP2.png
    WIP2.png
    5 MB · Views: 30
I am afraid I do not know what ya mean but, i'll look into it! in the meanwhile!
1726360491222.png

This image demonstrates it fairly concisely. As you can see, the stealthy design maintains the same angles for multiple design elements (elevators, wing, intake) so that radio waves are mostly reflected back to the RADAR along a very narrow line of sight.

Basically, if you look at your design from the top, it should have as many components (control surfaces, wings, intakes, etc.) as possible parallel to one another.

Look up planform alignment for better sources than me. I'm sure there are some caveats that I'm not aware of.

It's a beauty ! my only concern, on the front view, the canopy looks very narrow. It's usually made more "bulbous" seen from front to make room for the guys heads that moves a lot during dogfights/maneuvers. Afraid the helmets would be banging on the sides here.

It's a beauty ! my only concern, on the front view, the canopy looks very narrow. It's usually made more "bulbous" seen from front to make room for the guys heads that moves a lot during dogfights/maneuvers. Afraid the helmets would be banging on the sides here.
Very Fair! In this case tho the plane is like kinda huge in comparison so a sacrifice between aerodynamics and turn space was made