EF88 commercial variant could bump up civilian familiarity, says industry expert

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Ok, WTF? is all I can say about this brain fart of an idea!
Is Australian Defence really so desperate for enticing recruits for it's headlong war against China to come up with such a pathetic metaphoric carrot, and is Thales so desperate for sales of their product?
Seriously, the last thing the Australian Army needs is to create a psychology of wanna be real life Call of Duty/Rambo-like dudes, enticed by the purchasing and playing with a civilian variant of the EF88 in my opinion and experiance.
The narrative of in the article "Australia has a long tradition of making versions of its service rifle available for licensed and regulated civilian use." is a crock of shit, for such a tradition doesn't exist, for the likes of the .303 Lee Enfield rifle and L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle were only offered on the civilian market after they had been suspended from active Australian Army service (as far as I'm aware) and the likes of the L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle itself was one of the rifles disallowed with the semi-automatic ban enacted by the Federal government as a consequence of the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996.
Seriously, what are these people thinking? Where is this notion derived from - it differently isn't an Australian culture!

From a personal aspect, I spent near on three decades in the Green Machine questioning the calibre of the Psychological Assessment of recruits and the calibre of recruits they derived, let along almost two of those decades weeding and washing out the Call of Duty/Rambo dropkicks that made it through the Recruiting process.

What next, being able to purchase 5.56mm rounds for your civilian EF88 derivative from a vending machine at a railway station?, at a chemist?, at your local supermarket?

Regards
Pioneer

Last edited:
I was quite pleased with myself seeing my guess that EF-88 was some sort of a rifle was true. Having options to consider tends to help reaching actually correct decisions; is it possible that they are creating an image of kinship with the American civilian gun buyer? Who perhaps has to check the web first? I understand it is hard if your product is not an AR...