Disney's America theme park B-17 nose art question

michigancoasters

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
ive been doing some research on the cancelled Disney's america theme park, in the area called "victory field" concept art said it was to include authentic vintage aircraft. in the concept art it shows 2 b17s, a b17-g and b17-f specifcally. was the nose art on these 2 aircraft used on any known b17s? if so, what are they? this is the clearest concept art I could find. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

disneys-america-victory-field.jpg

ive been doing some research on the cancelled Disney's america theme park, in the area called "victory field" concept art said it was to include authentic vintage aircraft. in the concept art it shows 2 b17s, a b17-g and b17-f specifcally. was the nose art on these 2 aircraft used on any known b17s? if so, what are they? this is the clearest concept art I could find. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

disneys-america-victory-field.jpg
I found a b17 that could possibly be the silver b17, any idea what the word above America says? I cant make it out

Attachments

• b17g.jpeg
    b17g.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 11
Disney illustrators did make nose art for quite a few aircraft during the war. That might be a direction to look in.

Disney illustrators did make nose art for quite a few aircraft during the war. That might be a direction to look in.
alright. I'll start there. I have been able to find possibly 1, the olive drab b17s as "wa hoo" on the nose, I haven't been able to find that exact bomber, but I have been able to find "wa hoo ll" so theres hope