Chinese Norinco NP08 Luger copy

While I had one of the Norinco Trench Shotguns (copy of the Winchester M1917 aka 1897 pump with a handguard on the barrel and a bayonet mount for an M1903 springfield bayonet) and the work was decent, I'm not sure I'd be willing to trust a P08 copy.

While I had one of the Norinco Trench Shotguns (copy of the Winchester M1917 aka 1897 pump with a handguard on the barrel and a bayonet mount for an M1903 springfield bayonet) and the work was decent, I'm not sure I'd be willing to trust a P08 copy.
Don't you mean the M1917 bayonet used on both the M1917 Enfield and Winchester M1897? The M1917 bayonet was chosen for the trench gun because it was manufactured in greater numbers compared to the M1905 bayonet. I do wonder if there are any trench gun bayonet mounts which can carry the M1905 bayonet.

Don't you mean the M1917 bayonet used on both the M1917 Enfield and Winchester M1897? The M1917 bayonet was chosen for the trench gun because it was manufactured in greater numbers compared to the M1905 bayonet. I do wonder if there are any trench gun bayonet mounts which can carry the M1905 bayonet.
Probably do mean that, I don't think I ever heard which bayonet the shotgun was supposed to have.

But "an 1897 with a heat guard and a bayonet mount" was the important part of that post.

The copy had clearly been made by someone who didn't know what the markings meant on it, the US Ordnance Branch "flaming bomb" was done via electro-pencil "engraving", not a stamp or real engraving. It cycled nicely, though.