Chinese military aircraft mixed western and russian aircraft?

malipa

TU Delft AE student
Reaction score
JH-7 = SEPECAT Jaguar + Tornado?
J-10 = F-16 + Rafale/Gripen?
Y-20 = C17+ A400M + AN-70 ?

Sorry, but what do You want to say with that ??

Is Your intention to discuss the typical design elements, which are similar to other foreign types of similar roles ? ... as such that's quite clear since "form follows function".

Or do You want to discuss their gestation and development, which is surely often "invluenced" or even derived from existing types ?
Or do You even want to start such stupid discussions, which are so common to the Key-Forum as well as others that the Chinese can't develop anything on their own and all their products are copies .... then I might ask You to do that at the Key-Forum.

So what do You want with that tread ??

Deino

My intension was to discus the way the chinese design their aircraft... It seens as they just pick.parts

Honestly, for anyone who only want to see that or with a little interest in the real why they look like they are it indeed seems so ... that wasn't meant as an offence but I have to remind that these discussions usually or regularily become quite often very heated debated about that.

Besides that everyone who simply thinks You take the best parts of an existing aircarft, redesign or copy them and put them together into a new type - as often accused to the CHinese - has simply no idea of how aircraft are being designed and build.

As such I beg You - and in this direction it is indeed quite an intertesting topic - to seperate each project, since they all have a completely different background and history.

Deino

No offence taken. I will. And I know ypu cant just take a part of a aircraft and place it somewhere. It is just strange that sone aircraft have these strong influences. Especially the y-20, in which you can clearly see the a400m tail and the nose of the An-70.

I'd say, YC-15 tail...