VictorXL188

Former Aviation journalist/writer
Reaction score
Hi I don't know if anyone will be able to help me, but I live in hope. For Specification F.29/27, the Westland COW Gun Fighter and the Vickers Type 161 are well documented in both text and pictorial form. However the third entrant to the specification, the Bristol Type 112 seems to be bereft of any information. Could anybody help me on this?

Hi I don't know if anyone will be able to help me, but I live in hope. For Specification F.29/27, the Westland COW Gun Fighter and the Vickers Type 161 are well documented in both text and pictorial form. However the third entrant to the specification, the Bristol Type 112 seems to be bereft of any information. Could anybody help me on this?
According to 'The British Fighter Since 1912', by Peter Lewis (1979 Edition) on page 209, 'Bristol prepared the Mercury III-powered Type 112 monoplane project but did not build it'.

According to 'The British Fighter Since 1912', by Peter Lewis (1979 Edition) on page 209, 'Bristol prepared the Mercury III-powered Type 112 monoplane project but did not build it'.
Yes I have this amongst my small collection of Putnams but no illustration which is what I was really looking for.