61 KB · Views: 475
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 446
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 181
Strange, that the G.20 isn't mentioned in that blog, as it actually
was built and AFAIK finished after the war, but never test flown.
(drawing via aerostories.org)

Attachments

• Breguet-G20-1.jpg
    Breguet-G20-1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 257
Sorry , I don't know more than "Le Monde" says ( see the link ) .

Yes, but the source book seems unavailable:
http://www.amazon.fr/Trente-service-laviation-Louis-Br%C3%A9guet/dp/B00183RXAS
http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/79179088/faure-pierre-trente-ans-au-service-de-l-aviation-louis-breguet-trente-ans-au-service-de-l-aviation-louis-breguet-livre-ancien.html
Maybe Google has scanned it but I don't know the procedure to check. Maybe dear Hesham knows?

The Gyroplane Automobile isn't mentioned in Cunys "Les Avions Breguet", but at least
it somewhat resembles the Breguet car type A2, which was electrically driven. Of course,
this maybe just accidentally and I'm not sure, if it was meant as a project at all, or just
to show the idea, that the amalgamation of car and aircraft could be beneficial.
Another Breguet Gyroplane, that can be found in the mentioned Docavia, too, is the G.34,
which was proposed in 1941. It was intended to carry about ten passengers and two crew,
powered by a GR 14M with 630 hp.

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 227
  • G-34.jpg
    G-34.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 128
Many thanks, not even in Cunys "Avions Breguet" I could find a drawing of the G.10.
I remember having seen an artists impression of a helicopter very similar attacking a
submarine with gunfire. IIRC it was described as the G.20, but had a staggered cockpit,
so probably should show the G.10 .

In the Trait d'Union #172 that I will discuss in another topic is this sentence: (Bréguet Airplanes 1919-1945. Gyroplanes) We will not detail here the gyroplanes, directing for that to our special issue of Trait d'Union "René Dorand, 50 years of gyraviation", written by Pierre Boyer anf published in 1992. We will present only drawings illustrating the laboratory-gyroplane that would have been coded Br 314.
Someone may need this Dorand issue, no?

Attachments

• r_Br314.JPG
    r_Br314.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 137
Jemiba said:
Many thanks, not even in Cunys "Avions Breguet" I could find a drawing of the G.10.
I remember having seen an artists impression of a helicopter very similar attacking a
submarine with gunfire. IIRC it was described as the G.20, but had a staggered cockpit,
so probably should show the G.10 .
This artists impression was the site JC Carbonel, and a link to this page here:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4695.0 /
Reply # 5

A Bréguet project for a Trans-Atlantic helicopter with coaxial rotors drafted in 1936.

Attachments

• Bréguet transatlantic coaxial helo 1936.jpg
    Bréguet transatlantic coaxial helo 1936.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 700
Some more documents showing the basic G.10 as well as the G.10B bomber version and the G.10S sanitary version.

Attachments

• Gyroplane G.10.jpg
    Gyroplane G.10.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 136
  • G.10B.jpg
    G.10B.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 140
  • G.10S.jpg
    G.10S.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 133
  • three-view.jpg
    three-view.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 143
Hi,

http://www.avia-it.com/act/biblioteca/periodici/PDF%20Riviste/Ala%20d'Italia/L'ALA%20D'ITALIA%201936%20012.pdf

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    744.7 KB · Views: 90
Some more documents showing the basic G.10 as well as the G.10B bomber version and the G.10S sanitary version.
Excuse me. In such drawings, what is the height of a person? And is there a size of the gyroplane itself?

How are these gyroplanes? They seem like helicopters to me

From Les Avions Français de 1944 à 1964 (Pierre Gaillard - Editions EPA, 1990):

'Société Française du Gyroplane G20 (1946)

Proche de la Société Breguet, et crée en 1938 par Vuillerme et Herbin, avec comme ingénieur en chef René Dorand, cette firme a travaillé sur plusieurs types d'hélicoptères jusqu'en 1945. Un exemple de G20, un hélicoptère de combat mû par 2 moteurs Renault 6Q de 240 ch entraînant deux rotors coaxiaux, a survécu à la guerre pour être présenté en 1946 (un autre avait été détruit en 1940). D'une silhouette très futuriste, pourvu d'un train escamotable, ce bel appareil, par ailleurs en retard sur le plan méchanique, n'a jamais quitté le sol, personne n'ayant osé mettre en route les deux rotors dangereusement proches l'un de l'autre.'

So strictly speaking, the G20 was not a Breguet product!

Excuse me. In such drawings, what is the height of a person? And is there a size of the gyroplane itself?
After all, what size was this helicopter? And what is generally known about the Breguet G.10 project?