Blohm und Voss Battletank Design (1970)

Pelzig

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
And found this one. I didn't see this as mentioned on the forum, so, posting here for people to take a look.

Attachments

• blohm und voss battle tank (circa 1985).jpg
    blohm und voss battle tank (circa 1985).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 747
  • DE2066169A1 - Blohm und Voss Battle Tank.pdf
    521 KB · Views: 139
Interesting proposal

Blohm und Voss criticize the traditional tank construction and weak protection of Crew
they proposed to put the crew in a armored section who protect against ABC weapons

the Tank has unique turret with automatic cannon and automatic Munitions dump
with 60 shell in rotation magazine, so the Gun can fire miscellaneous type of shell !
next to cannon also a machine-gun

thx for Info Hikoki1946

Quite welcome, Michel. Figured as I find these, post 'em or else I might not remember them! And it archives them here for others to look up. ;D

Modern MBTs aren't my strong suit but I seem to recall the 1980s saw a good bit of tank designs with unmanned, auto-loading gun turrets?

Michel Van said:
Interesting proposal

Blohm und Voss criticize the traditional tank construction and weak protection of Crew
they proposed to put the crew in a armored section who protect against ABC weapons

the Tank has unique turret with automatic cannon and automatic Munitions dump
with 60 shell in rotation magazine, so the Gun can fire miscellaneous type of shell !
next to cannon also a machine-gun

thx for Info Hikoki1946

Hikoki1946 said:
Quite welcome, Michel. Figured as I find these, post 'em or else I might not remember them! And it archives them here for others to look up. ;D

Modern MBTs aren't my strong suit but I seem to recall the 1980s saw a good bit of tank designs with unmanned, auto-loading gun turrets?

actually this B&V Tank patent is from 1970 (see PDF)
the document was release to public 15 years later in 1985

Opps! Fixed as best I could. ;D

Maybe modify your posts to change the date?

Cheers!

Michel Van said:
actually this B&V Tank patent is from 1970 (see PDF)
the document was release to public 15 years later in 1985