B-15/XC-105 Cargo Mod Info needed

ACResearcher

Author/researcher/illustrator.
Reaction score
I'm currently drawing various versions of the XB-15, including when it was converted into the XC-105.

Specifically, I'm looking for information on the starboard side of this aircraft, then assigned to the 20th Troop Carrier Squadron, 6th AF, down in Panama. While in Panama, the aircraft was extensively modified for cargo and passenger carrying purposes. This included a cargo door being added to the right (starboard) rear of the aircraft. In all my data I have not been able to find ANY drawings, specs or photos of this modification.

Does anyone have any original source documentation on this modification? I have information on the number of seats installed, etc., but nothing on this door, specific location and size.

Help!

AlanG

Last edited:
I don’t know how credible this publication is for Flight Simulator 2004, however the loading door is on port side and not on starboard ... But apart from that it is true that we do not find much interesting on the net about the XC-105 !

I don’t know how credible this publication is for Flight Simulator 2004, however the loading door is on port side and not on starboard ... But apart from that it is true that we do not find much interesting on the net about the XC-105 !

Hard to see where it could have been if it were on the port side;
xb15-stripped-albrook.jpg

Thanks to those who have replied, but seinar is the only correct one.

According to original documentation, this aircraft - for whatever reasons - had the cargo door installed on the STARBOARD/RIGHT side of the aircraft.

That is one reason it is so hard to find photos of it, plus the recurring inaccurate assumptions shown above. Lloyd Jones was fine man and did a lot to encourage research, but he wasn't always right and was the first to admit it when he found out.

AlanG