Avro Arrow Ejection Seat from the ‘Missing Avro Arrow’ on eBay

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A little late, but hopefully not too late : Some weeks ago, I had an instruction about data security. During the break
(there are still those 5 minutes every hour for the smokers... ) we discussed some themes with the lecturer, especially
about one, he regards as the biggest danger today when surfing the inet: Social engineering. All doubts are mollified, when
you are finding a document, promising everything, you were looking for. Had proven to work very well with Stuxnet !
Such "documents" are spread with astonishing accuracy to find a target. Fora like this one probably are scanned regularly
to find keywords. He mentioned several examples from the recent time, from "abondoned dogs or cats" to the "recipes from
famous cooks" and among them one about "... a secret US aircraft, that was brought to Europe". He actually wasn't
an aviation nut and back then, it didn't ring a bell to me. But maybe, with hindsight I would recommend a little bit more,
than the usual carefulness, when finding, what seems to be the long-awaited proof for this theory !

Trivia point: circa 1985, the CFB Shearwater Museum had the landing drag chute in its collection. It looked like it had remained packed since it left AVRO and they even had part of the manual. I visited the museum in the process of donating a half-dozen 1/72 scale model airplanes.