An aerodynamic model of the Japanese flying wing

Welcome aboard Chaika153,

and are you sure that.they were from Japan ?,I think they are from USA ?.

Welcome aboard Chaika153,

and are you sure that.they were from Japan ?,I think they are from USA ?.
Oh……I got these image from twitter,and the accompanying article explains that these images are received by the US Army in the wind tunnel laboratory of the Mitsubishi Nagoya plant after the defeat of Japan,and the second one seems like Mitsubishi K7M.

One of those wind-tunnel models appears to be a fairly conventional, high-wing transport monoplane with a pair of tractor propellers. They did not add tail surfaces as those were demoed irrelevant for the wind-tunnel. A production version would get tail surfaces added to that long aft fuselage.

Fascinating, Japan showed interest in a lot of unorthodox and forward thinking designs that people often forget about such as the Ju 390 and the He 100,.. though for various reasons they all fell through. I will wait and see if any information comes to light, it seems fitting that the IJA would investigate flying wings.

But I think,no famous Japanese company involved in this work ?!.

Wow, that's very interesting. It's not likely to be related to the Kayaba project, perhaps it's just some kind of Mitsubishi conceptual design study on the flying wing. Thanks for posting.