1971 Packard Committee proposal for a Very Low RCS test vehicle

The vertical fins don't look canted - this must be one of the very first low RCS concepts.

Does anybody know which company or design firm proposed this? What was it going to be used for (ground attack, reconnaissance, etc.)?

Last edited:
Does anybody know which company or design firm proposed this? What was it going to be used for (ground attack, reconnaissance, etc.)?

Since they refer to it as a "Test vehicle", my guess is it was just a small unmanned technology demonstrator.

Since they refer to it as a "Test vehicle", my guess is it was just a small unmanned technology demonstrator.

Was it related to another program?

It was the Teledyne Mini RPV. No direct relation to the image in this thread.

It was the Teledyne Mini RPV. No direct relation to the image in this thread.

What was going to be its use?

Back
Top Bottom