Type 44 Destroyer

Has anything further surfaced about this class?

I'm asking for purely selfish reasons. I'm reading an e-book I picked up recently and the author has character state that the ship in it is a Type 44 destroyer.

As there's no clear description of the ship in the book other than it's an older RN unit reactivated as a training ship, I have to assume he has this rather obscure unbuilt class in mind rather than something else.

A clear set of stats dating from around the cancellation would be nice, an artists impression would be even better.

Has anything further surfaced about this class?

I'm asking for purely selfish reasons. I'm reading an e-book I picked up recently and the author has character state that the ship in it is a Type 44 destroyer.

As there's no clear description of the ship in the book other than it's an older RN unit reactivated as a training ship, I have to assume he has this rather obscure unbuilt class in mind rather than something else.

A clear set of stats dating from around the cancellation would be nice, an artists impression would be even better.
How can an unbuilt class be reactivated as a training ship? Actual destroyers were used: Kent (County) and Bristol (T82).

The unbuilt T44 is covered in some detail here

Attachments

• Dark_Maelstrom_2020_CVR.png
    Dark_Maelstrom_2020_CVR.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 29